Special FCC Internet Discount
Affordable Connectivity Program enrollment opens on December 31, 2021.
Congress recently created the Affordable Connectivity Program, a long-term, $14 billion program, which will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. This investment in broadband affordability will help ensure we can afford the internet connections we need for work, school, health care and more for a long time.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Learn more: https://www.fcc.gov/acp
Who Is Eligible/Can Benefit From This?
A household is eligible for ACP benefits, similar to the former EBBP, if at least one member of the household meets one of the following requirements:
– Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
– Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
– Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
– Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020, 2020-2021, or 2021-2022 school year;
– Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
– Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program
Two Steps to Enroll
1. Go to ACPBenefit.org to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
2. Contact United to select a plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
United may request additional information before applying your monthly discount to your new or existing service plan. Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact United to receive a service discount.
All eligible ACP participants must complete a consent form to receive the discount from United Communications. Please click on the form below and complete the information.
As part of the ACP, you may contact the FCC to file a complaint at fcc.gov/acp or by calling the help center at 888-225-5322. You are encouraged to CONTACT US to attempt to resolve your issue, prior to filing a complaint.
Before you apply, it is important to understand that this program is a long-term benefit but may be terminated at a later date.