Internet speeds may vary due to diverse factors and are not guaranteed.
- FCC Truth-in-Billing (anti-cramming) Notice You can ask United Communications to block unauthorized charges from other billers from your United bill. To request this on your account, please call our local business office at 1-800-779-2227.
- Notice of Change in FUSC Rate effective April 1, 2023 The Federal Universal Service Charge (FUSC) rate will decrease from 32.6% to 29.0%. The FUSC charge is applicable to interstate and international services and is listed as a separate line item on the bill. The new FUSC rate is calculated by multiplying the FCC’s Universal Service contribution factor times your local service charges. This FCC program is designed to help keep local service rates affordable for customers in all areas of the U.S. and to provide schools, libraries and healthcare facilities discounted communications services.
911 SURCHARGE RATE CHANGE
From the Tennessee Dept. of Revenue – Statewide 911 Surcharge Rate Increase: On March 24, 2020, the Tennessee General Assembly ratified the Tennessee Emergency Communications Board’s decision to increase the 911 surcharge rate.
Effective January 1, 2021, the statewide 911 surcharge rate will increase from $1.16 to $1.50.
Retailers of monthly communications services, including wireline, prepaid wireless, and non-prepaid wireless telecommunications services should begin collecting the new rate on sales of these services made on or after January 1, 2021.
Additional information about the 911 surcharge may be found in Important Notice #17-05. For More Information visit www.tn.gov/revenue. Click on Revenue Help to search for answers or to submit an information request to one of our agents.
Tenn. Code Ann. § 7-86-128; Senate Joint Resolution 836 (2020)
ACCESS RECOVERY CHARGE
The Access Recovery Charge or “ARC” is a gradual, measured, monthly charge adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This multi-year transition fee is just one part of the Inter Carrier Compensation (ICC) Reform. The Access Recovery Charge is designed to recover increased network costs for access circuits used to provide service to customers. Overall, the ICC Reform is to facilitate a continued investment in the broadband infrastructure.
The ARC fee cannot be charged to Lifeline customers.
Summary as of Dec 1, 2018:
Residential Line Accounts ………………….$0.00 per month ARC fee
Single-line Business Accounts…………….$3.00 per month ARC fee
Multi-line Business Accounts…………..$3.00 per month ARC fee
NEED HELP WITH YOUR PHONE BILL
The Tennessee Public Utility Commission (TPUC) along with United Communications strives to assist residential customers within its service area. Individuals with low income households may meet the eligibility requirements for the Lifeline Service Program. Lifeline Service includes a monthly discount for basic phone charges.
You may qualify for Lifeline Service if you meet low income eligibility requirements. Consumers could qualify if you participate in any of these programs:
- Food Stamps
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Supplementary Security Income
- Free School Lunches
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program
- Section 8 Federal Housing
You must establish telephone service prior to applying for the Lifeline discount.
How do I apply for Lifeline Service? To find out whether you qualify for Lifeline, complete a standard application form available at our office or by clicking the Lifeline Application. The application may be returned to our local office for review and approval. For more information about these programs or to apply for assistance, you can call our office at 1-800-779-2227.
DO NOT CALL LISTS
Your phone number can be placed on the federal or Tennessee Do Not Call List to limit the number of telemarketing calls you receive.
To learn more about the TN Do Not Call Program, go to https://www.tn.gov/tpuc/tennessee-do-not-call-program.html. You may also call 1-800-342-8359.
Add Name to FCC National Do Not Call List: You can register online at https://www.donotcall.gov/ or call toll free 1-888-382-1222 (TTY 1-866-290-4236) from the number you wish to register.
FCC PUBLIC INSPECTION FILE
You can access United’s online public inspection file at https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/cable-system/021720-united-telephone-company
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues related to accessible content in United’s public inspection file should contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or contact us at 1-800-779-2227.
Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
Wireline Broadband Internet Transport Service Rates, T&C
DMCA Copyright Infringement Policy
See our Support page for more Resources
Please submit legal questions and subpoenas to firstname.lastname@example.org